Changing pay schedules have an impact on all faculty and staff. The January 13 paycheck was a "transition" between 24 paychecks per year and 26 paychecks per year and reflects a one-week pay period, not two weeks. This is explained in detail below.
Salaried employees, including faculty, need to be aware that your net pay on January 13 may have been significantly less than one-half your new bi-weekly net pay. Hourly employees did not receive a check on January 5 but did get two weeks’ pay on January 13.
For Faculty and Salaried Staff
- You received a check on December 23 for your work from December 16 – December 31.
- Beginning January 1, you are now paid bi-weekly. Your new bi-weekly pay is less than your old semi-monthly pay, as you are paid 26 times per year rather than 24 times per year.
- The first new pay date was January 13. You received a check January 13 for your work from January 1 – January 8. This was for one week of work, not two, and is a one-time occurence.
- Because the January 13 check was for one week, not two, the gross amount of your January 13 check was ½ of your new gross bi-weekly pay. Your deductions were about the same as your current semi-monthly deductions, though this may have varied based on benefits decisions you made during Open Enrollment. This means your net pay on January 13 may have been significantly less than ½ your new bi-weekly net pay.
- The second check on January 27 covers January 9-22 and reflects your new bi-weekly pay.
For Hourly Staff
- You received a check on December 22 for your work from December 11 – 17.
- You received a check on December 23 for your work from December 18 – 24.
- You did not receive a check on December 29 or on January 5.
- The transition to Workday and the biweekly pay cycle began on January 1, 2017.
- You received a check January 13 for your work from December 25 – January 8. This check was about double your current weekly check. Your deductions were about double your current weekly deductions, though this may vary based on benefits decisions you made during Open Enrollment.
- Your next check will be on January 27.