May 22–July 6 (Summer Session 1): 8 credits
July 10–August 24 (Summer Session 2): 1 credit, online only session
Looking for a competitive advantage in today’s job market? Complement your liberal arts education with in-demand business skills in Suffolk’s new, hands-on Foundations of Business program. You will be immersed in experiential learning that integrates business concepts and skills with career development strategies. Current Suffolk students pursuing a non-business degree will also earn a Foundations of Business minor upon completion.
- Expand your academic skillset at our AACSB-accredited, first-tier national university
- Earn nine credits (8 credits, Summer Session 1 and 1 credit, Summer Session 2):
- Principles of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Finance and Accounting
- Organizational Behavior and Professional Leadership
- Team with career development professionals who will help you:
- pinpoint your professional aspirations and
- market your liberal arts education and business acumen to employers
- Learn from and network with the Sawyer Business School’s world-class faculty, Boston’s business leaders, and successful Sawyer Business School alumni
- Live in a Suffolk residence hall, featuring air-conditioning, recreation areas, laundry and fitness facilities, and 24-hour on-site security (Please indicate your interest in housing on the online form)
By program’s end, you will have:
- A valuable toolkit of business knowledge and skills today’s employers seek
- A nine-credit Foundations of Business minor (for current Suffolk University College of Arts & Sciences students only)
- A strategic career plan to help you map your professional goals and stand out in the job market
Interested in bringing your career into focus through a business lens? You don’t have to be a Suffolk University student to apply.
Foundations of Business is open to:
- Current Suffolk students pursuing a degree in the College of Arts & Sciences
- Juniors and seniors pursuing a non-business degree at another higher education institution
- Recent college graduates (Classes of 2014–2017) with a non-business degree
Ready for a hands-on business education?
Current Suffolk Students:
- Register as you would for any course (using MySuffolk)
Non-Suffolk Students or Recent College Graduates:
Need more information?
Contact Shannon Conley at 617-573-8665 or firstname.lastname@example.org